In This Issue
Ensuring pet care packaging is sustainable
Vitalin’s new range includes eco-friendly packaging
Royal Canin introduces new look packaging to Breed range
PetSafe Brand firm acquires pet travel product business
Barking Heads picks up national dog-friendly award
Lily's Kitchen enhances its ethical credentials
Natures Menu receives food safety recognition
Veterinary reveal of new Indoor Rabbit Food met with positive reception
YuMOVE will sponsor ITV’s ‘For the Love of Dogs’
New Puppy School Welcome Box is a ‘RAWring’ success
Top prize for dog food company at rural business awards
Get your own copy of Pet Trade Xtra
Dog dies after eating ‘treat’ bought from pet shop
Inspired Pet Nutrition appoints Group Operations Director
OATA AGM confirms Directors for the next year
CSJ launches CP All-Rounder – a kibble to suit all breeds
Westwood Vets opens new Garforth branch
Devon firm launches vegan-friendly dog treat
PawTrax launches 4th generation Halo GPS Cat Collar
Pet franchise invests in its future
The best of the previous Pet Trade Xtra
Innovative pet products wanted for new TV series
Unipet named winner of business award
Pet product entrepreneur wins national exporter award
Marion Stinton retires after 37 years in the pet trade
Shortlist announced for Pet Industry Federation Awards
Find out how Pet Trade Xtra can help to promote your business and products.

If you have a story for Pet Trade Xtra contact for all editorial matters.

Email to discuss advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
Dog dies after eating ‘treat’ bought from pet shop

A distraught dog owner has issued a warning to other pet lovers following the death of her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who died after eating a ‘natural treat’ bought at a pet shop.


Katy Wilson, from Kinmel Bay, North-East Wales, lost her dog Jilly after treating her to duck necks.


Less than five days after eating the treats, the 11-year-old dog started to experience sickness and diarrhoea, she was unable to sit or lie down and was pacing back and forth.

The 57-year-old took her to her local vets, where an X-ray revealed there were fragments of bone causing an obstruction in her bowels. She died at the surgery only hours later.


"Every dog owner should know about the dangers of feeding their pets these treats,” she told the Daily Post.


"I think they should be taken off the market, but at the very least they should have warning signs on the back of the packaging.”


RSPCA Cymru said it advises against feeding bones to dogs because of the risks of obstruction, damage to the teeth and fatal injuries.


The full Daily Post story can be read by clicking here.







Facebook Twitter LinkedIn