Vince the Vet launches new campaign ‘Time To Spring Clean Your Pet’ to combat continued exposure to harmful environmental chemicals.
Dogs and cats are exposed to an eye-watering number of toxic substances daily, which can damage internal organs and harm health in many different ways.
The ‘Time To Spring Clean Your Pet’ campaign has been launched to raise public awareness of the risks this poses to health, and provide pet owners with a safe, natural and effective way of cleansing their dogs and cats bodies, to support long term health.
It will run for the first quarter of the year, will be supported by a media campaign and accompanying product literature, and will focus on the use of two new Vince the Vet Pet Remedies Intestinal Cleanse and Organ Cleanse plus a few simple lifestyle changes.
The scale of the problem
There are literally tens of thousands of chemicals used in the home, industries, agriculture and food production, with the number increasing by 2000 new compounds per year (The Natural Environment Research Council).
- pesticide resides and chemical additives in food
- herbicides on pavements, in parks and on fields
- poisons in products used in and around the home
- nerve toxins and similar compounds used in tick, flea and worming products
- hormones, antibiotics and other drugs employed in meat production
- industrial waste and petrochemicals virtually everywhere
Many environmental and dietary chemicals have been linked to a wide range of health problems, including cancer, digestive problems, bone marrow disturbances, inflammation of the bowels, weakening of the immune system, seizures and damage to the major organs (especially the kidneys, liver, bowel and skin).
The risk is higher in pets
The harmful effect of environmental chemicals is magnified in dogs and cats because of their relatively small size, and the swallowing of substances that collect on paws, fur and skin during self-grooming.
Regular use of toxic parasiticides can also harm health over time.
For pets to live as long and as happy a life as they can, it is vitally important that their internal organs remain as healthy as possible.
Unfortunately, given the large number of environmental and dietary chemicals faced by most dogs and cats every day, a great strain is placed on the body's ability to break down and eliminate these substances, to minimise the damage they can cause. This burden largely falls on the main organs of detoxification (the liver, kidneys, bowels and skin).
Regular cleansing is therefore, important to:
- support the normal, healthy functioning of internal organs (the liver, kidneys, bowels and skin in particular) for as long as possible
- prevent the build up of toxins in the body
- minimise the risks posed by toxic chemicals
- maintain overall health and well-being
A simple, safe, gentle, natural and effective cleansing regime, is to give the new Vince the Vet Pet Remedies Intestinal Cleanse and Organ Cleanse regularly throughout the year.