Key buyers from Spain and Finland to source UK pet products at PetQuip 'Meet the Buyers' event
Pet product buyers from Spain and Finland, together with garden product buyers from Dubai, the US and France, have confirmed they will be attending the next ‘Meet the Buyers’ event being staged by the PetQuip and Gardenex export associations.
The event will be held on Wednesday, March 2, at Lea Marston Hotel, Sutton Coldfield.
It is the latest in a series of highly successful ‘Meet the Buyers’ initiatives organised by the two associations, and will run alongside a number of free seminars and information desks involving UKTI, UKEF and export related particpants covering topics such as export finance, shipping, and finding distributors and agents in North America.
As an added benefit for UK suppliers there will be presentations on the key US and European markets, and the workshop aspect of the day will offer help to enable SMEs to make the most of global opportunities in the garden, leisure and pet sectors.
This latest initiative from PetQuip and Gardenex is supported and part-funded by UK Trade & Investment, making it a very cost-effective way for suppliers to meet with key buyers from leading overseas markets.
The international pet product buyers are:
- A long-established Spanish importer/distributor/wholesaler of pet products that supplies independent pet shops and chains. The company’s portfolio embraces pet foods and a broad range of accessories for dogs and cats, along with equipment for small mammals, reptiles, fish and caged birds. In addition to supplying independent pet shops and pet chains, the company has a cash and carry store in Barcelona. The company is currently working with many well-known European brands and is already importing from the UK. The buyer is looking to add to his range and is particularly keen to meet suppliers of pet treats and biscuits. The company exhibits at the Spanish pet trade fair Iberzoo.
- A chain of around 30 pet shop franchises from Finland. The company also operates a wholesale company which supplies its own shops and other retailers.The stores sell food, pet care products and all types of accessories for dogs, cats, small mammals, reptiles, birds and aquarium fish. In addition, the company has an online shop selling direct to consumers. The buyer is looking for new items for both the pet chain and the wholesale company, and is interested in meeting suppliers of any pet items that do not already have a distributor in Finland. Products that will be of interest include new cat and dog food ranges that are grain free, wet food for cats, meaty treats for dogs and cats and new items for rodents.
The international garden product buyers travelling to the UK to meet with British suppliers are:
- A retailer from Dubai that is now looking to expand its activities by setting up distribution across the GCC states – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and across the UAE – as well as India. Targets will be leading retailers such as supermarkets, mega-stores, department stores and hardware and other garden-related retailers as well as landscaping companies. The company is now looking for additional garden and landscape-related products suitable for distribution to the Middle East markets. Potential innovative items to sell via its own retail outlet will also be of interest. The buyer’s company stocks a wide range of garden, outdoor leisure and landscaping items and operates a continuous programme of new product introductions.
- A US web store and mail-order operation that has a philosophy of sourcing and selling unique tools and other practical accessories of ‘exceptional quality and solid value’. The company’s focus is on tools, not only for gardening but also for woodworking, DIY, craft and model-making. The gardening range extends beyond tools to accessories of striking quality that have something different to offer the consumer. This currently includes items such as gloves, watering-cans, irrigation equipment, thermometers, harvesting-bags and glass-blown bird-feeders.
- A French distributor of practical supplies to the professional horticultural sector. The company sells a range of over 3,500 items via its online shop and printed 116-page catalogue. Its customers include professional gardeners, groundsmen and plant nurseries, in addition to forestry and vineyard operations. In recent years the company has also attracted interest from keen amateur gardeners looking for quality tools and equipment, and currently handles all types of gardening and horticultural tools, cutting and pruning tools, together with some powered items. It also covers many other practical accessories such as bulb planters, pots, border-edging, watering equipment, plant-labels, pH meters and thermometers, insect/pest repellents/traps and protective clothing.
‘Meet the Buyers’ events held by the two associations over many years have all resulted in export business for attending delegates.
To ensure that you don’t miss out on the opportunity to apply for 25 minute one-to-one meetings with any of the buyers on March 2 contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.