IKEA recalls pet water dispenser after dog deaths
IKEA has urged customers to return a water dispenser, after two dogs suffocated when their heads became trapped.
The Swedish retail giant has put out a statement recalling the Lurvig water dispenser for pets, with the warning that it is hazardous to animals, after it was reported that two dogs had died using it.
“At IKEA, the safety and security of our products is our top priority, which is why we have decided to recall the LURVIG water dispenser,” said Petra Axdorff, Business Area Manager at IKEA of Sweden AB.
“We are deeply saddened by these events and know that pets are important and loved family members."
The Lurvig water dispenser features a reservoir designed to keep the water bowl topped up, but it has proved to be a suffocation hazard.
The full IKEA statement can be viewed by clicking here.