B&M removes pet treat from shelves after dog death
B&M has removed a pet treat from its shelves following the death of a dog that fell sick soon after eating a bone from the store.
Pet owner Debbie McQuat used her Facebook page to warn other pet lovers about the bone, stating: “Heartbroken to be putting this post up but if it saves the life of another dog.”
After feeding the bone to her dog Harley it was violently sick. Sadly Harley died and X-rays showed fragments of bone had ripped his bowel apart.
“PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people do not feed any bones to your dogs,” wrote Debbie, from Stevenston, North Ayrshire, Scotland. “I have just lost a really important part of my life.”
Debbie's post has since been shared over 54,000 times since it went live on March 3.
A B&M spokesman said: “The safety of our customer and their pets is of the upmost importance to us, we’ve taken the precautionary measure of removing the product from sale and will no longer be stocking this item.”