In This Issue
B&M removes pet treat from shelves after dog death
Pet firm makes it into Top 100 'Best Small Companies to Work for' list
Bestpets and independent pet shops support local schools with free Wild Bird Watching Starter Kit
Supreme uses in-house expertise to grow US business
Owners underestimate the true cost of caring for a dog
Interest grows in AQUA as dates and venue confirmed for 2019 show
Nylabone launches edible wild 'Snacks' range at Crufts
PIF has plenty to offer dog-related businesses at Crufts
Innocent unveils small animal pouches
Britain’s dogs deserve a playrise, says technology experts
Get your own copy of Pet Trade Xtra
Wiltshire pet store set to close after almost 40 years
Police release CCTV after woman is bitten by dog outside pet shop
ROGZ appoints Su-bridge as distribution partner
Kim Goldsworthy joins Podium Pet Products
Supreme gives hamster food and bathing sand a make-over
The best of the previous Pet Trade Xtra
Pet food firm vows to eradicate smells from factory
US pet food brand launches three new products in UK
Beco launches 'Pick Up Poo' campaign with schoolkids
Exciting toys set for major launch at PATS Sandown
Find out how Pet Trade Xtra can help to promote your business and products.

Please contact for all editorial matters.

Email to discuss advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
B&M removes pet treat from shelves after dog death

B&M has removed a pet treat from its shelves following the death of a dog that fell sick soon after eating a bone from the store.


Pet owner Debbie McQuat used her Facebook page to warn other pet lovers about the bone, stating: “Heartbroken to be putting this post up but if it saves the life of another dog.”


After feeding the bone to her dog Harley it was violently sick. Sadly Harley died and X-rays showed fragments of bone had ripped his bowel apart.


“PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people do not feed any bones to your dogs,” wrote Debbie, from Stevenston, North Ayrshire, Scotland. “I have just lost a really important part of my life.”


Debbie's post has since been shared over 54,000 times since it went live on March 3.


A B&M spokesman said: “The safety of our customer and their pets is of the upmost importance to us, we’ve taken the precautionary measure of removing the product from sale and will no longer be stocking this item.”

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn