Raw dog food firm recalls products for second time within a month
A raw dog food firm has recalled a range of its frozen meals because they may pose a risk to health. It’s the second time within a month that Happy Hounds has taken such action.
A statement on the Food Standards Agency said:
Happy Hounds is recalling a range of its frozen raw dog food products on a precautionary basis as they may pose a risk to human and animal health. Sampling undertaken by the company has identified elevated levels of bacteria indicating a potential risk. A withdrawal and recall have been actioned by the company.
The full statement can be viewed by clicking here
The recalled products are:
- Raw Diced Chicken Dog Food (Batch code 1075)
- Raw Chicken & Tripe Dog Food (Batch code 1199/809)
- Raw Chicken & Beef Dog Food (Batch code 1223/828)
- Raw Chicken Dog Food (Batch code: 1233/1235)
- Raw Chicken Wing Tips (Batch code: 1235)
- Raw Tripe (Batch code: 838)
- Raw Liver (Batch code 838)
- Raw Minced Chicken & Tripe Dog Food (Batch code 1237/839)
- Raw Chicken Drumsticks (Batch code: 1236)
Last month Happy Hounds recalled certain types of frozen raw dog food because salmonella had been found in the products.