Head of Sales
Salary Range: £40,000 + OTE (up to £60,000)
Job Title: Head of Sales
Job Category: Experienced
Job Code: DR/Nov15
Location: Hurley, near Maidenhead
Travel: As required
Level/Salary Range: £40,000 + OTE (up to £60,000)
Position Type: Full-time
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
Posting Expires: When filled
Applications Accepted By:
E-mail but tentative enquiries and questions welcome by telephone: 01628822243
Subject Line: Head of Sales
Attention: Carina Evans
We exist to aid the responsibility & fulfil the joy that pets bring to pet parents by bringing to market unique, innovative & where possible natural products, solutions & services. Our values underpin our motivation and our empowered & engaged team provide excellent customer care and frictionless service as we manufacture market, distribute & sell pet products worldwide.
Role and Objectives:
Head of Sales working alongside the managing director with the responsibility to grow revenue from a designated set of key accounts and developing new business opportunities.
- Management of dedicated accounts with account development proposals & guidelines
- Management of assigned key accounts
- Development of business within assigned accounts, the general customer base and through identified and agreed opportunities
The role is office based and required travel to customer premises and trade fairs
Budgeting & Reviews:
- Preparing sales budgets and forecasts
- Identifying gap closing actions
- Identifying business opportunities
- Management of designated key accounts and development of account development plans
- Preparation of promotional campaigns
- Liaising with marketing to ensure that sales and customer collateral are available in a timely manner (copy, photographs, images etc.)
- Prepare, produce and implement sales strategies, promotions & rep incentive plans
- Attend trade shows in the UK, USA & Canada
- Liaising with sales administration and logistics to ensure timely and accurate delivery of customer orders
- Resolving customer issues, problems or concerns
- Ensuring that cash is received within payment terms
- Work with Marketing & PR Manager to manage, maintain and improve the sales routes to market, using them to increase brand awareness across our territories and monitor any competitor activity – always being understanding of and one step ahead of competition.
- Work with the MD to coordinate budget preparations
- Provide management information (pipeline metrics, KPIs etc.) for review & analysis
- Appraise monthly the performance of within account base & a revised forecast
- Reporting weekly metrics and KPIs.
- Monitoring invoicing and accounts receivable
- Recording of travel and expenses
- Maintaining accurate customer records.
- Delivery of revenue growth and targeted GP
- Timely preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Communication of customer requirements and expectations
- Development and timely reporting of key performance indicators and pipeline activity e.g. Customer based net promoter score.
A leader through influence with specialism expertise required to support the company’s ambitious growth targets:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Proven sales experience and analytic capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Competent in MS Office software packages incl. excel and PowerPoint.
Company Values: Able to demonstrate a good fit with the company values
Skills Qualifications Required:
- Honesty, integrity and respect
- Speed of thought
- Sparky and energetic
- Problem solving / solution finding
- Always learning & remaining aware of & 1 step ahead of the competition
- Strong work ethic – work hard / play hard.
The successful candidate will:
- Be technically savvy with strong experience in the Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a basic requirement with experience in other software packages such as Sales Force, Infusionsoft, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign as a bonus.
- Good written & spoken communication skills in the English language
- Have a full UK driving license.
- Have a passport & be able & willing to travel internationally
- Have experience of Sales
- A good understanding of a second language would be an advantage.
Reports to: MD
Manager of: No direct reports.
- MD, H.O Marketing and Marketing assistant, Sales & Administration assistant
- Assigned customers.