Ex-Formula 1 champ drives on to the premium pet food scene with range of raw products
With well-being and obesity representing two of the hottest topics within both the human and pet food arenas, it was only a matter of time before one of the UK’s most trusted organic operations joined the premium pet food fraternity.
Laverstoke Park Farm is a leading light within the UK’s resurgent organic movement, whose enviable ‘foodie’ reputation was first forged providing all manner of ground-breaking artisanal offerings, ranging from ‘Buffalo inspired’ mozzarella, brie, yogurts, ice creams and fudge to full-bodied jerkies, biltongs, salamis and chorizos.
Spread over 2,500 acres of lush Hampshire countryside and armed with highly prized biodynamic (Demeter) and organic (Soil Association) accreditations, Jody Scheckter and his team have been chomping at the bit to take their bold, ‘following Nature’s lead’ beliefs, (sustainability, biodiversity, traceability, transparency and the slow, natural growth of animals and plants) into the UK’s emerging BARF pet food arena.
A chance conversation with Suzanne Brock in 2015 (Nutriment) quickly snowballed into a firm, mutually beneficial alliance, a fast-moving friendship and a 5-strong portfolio which officially takes to the stage this August Carfest (Laverstoke) and PATS Telford in September.
According to brand owner Jody Scheckter: "We have a very robust and well-rounded range with plenty of scope for future innovation and expansion."
- There isn’t a credible organic figurehead within premium tier pet food.
- Award-winning business with a proud standing in artisanal human fayre
- We avoid any pick-me-up supplements since organic meat is so nutritionally-dense compared to typically farmed produce.
- We adhere to a common sense 80:10:10 (meat, bone & offal) philosophy
- We look beyond chicken as our sole nutritionally-loaded protein (tripe & offal)
- Our well-rounded dog food offer supports our wider sustainability aspirations, since we employ cuts of meat & offal that are less popular with humans.
"Some may suggest that Laverstoke Park Farm has arrived a little late to the raw dog food cause and yet we’d counter by saying that as one the UK’s most progressive organic operators there’s never been a better moment for a heavyweight artisan operation to throw its weight behind the BARF pet food movement," added Jody.
For further information visit: www.laverstokepark.co.uk/about-us/pet-food/